The WordCamp Birmingham event took place at the Harbert Center on beautiful Saturday. I was able to be a part of some unique presentations and discussions during the one-day conference. The topics ranged from hardcore SEO programming to creative typography chit-chat. It was my first WordCamp event and I was very thankful for this useful blog post for event newbies to help guide me.
I learned a wide variety of things from the WordCamp event that surrounds the WordPress platform. Here are a few articles that help recap the event:
- WordPress Ya’ll! A Social Media Roundup of WordCamp Birmingham on Al.com
- Storify (social media and photos) from Wade Kwon
- WordCamp Birmingham 2014 Recap on Who Ate My Blog?
- How I Spent My Saturday on Philly Girl in the South
- WordCamp on a Budget Y’all on Jami Mays
- 11 Ways to Write Good Content for Your Blog on Chanda Temple Writes
- WordCamp Birmingham 2014 Resource List on Archer Creative
- WordPress Blogging (And Panel Moderating!) Tips on My Freelance Life
Below you will find a few of the sessions I thought were very impressive:
- Freelancing – Getting Started Without Losing Your Shirt
- Typography and User Experience
- The Super Easy Guide to Video for Content Marketing
Thanks to all the good folks who volunteered to make WordCamp Birmingham a five star conference!